Whoops I got caught

Whoops, I got a little cocky over the last little while and got caught today with my own server. My ISP Shaw Cable was doing some maintenance work this morning (if I ever checked that email account I would have known) and it looks like my IP addresses for home finally were changed. Unfortunately I didn’t have my router set up for Dynamic DNS updates, nor did I have any software running that does the same thing. As a result my server was off line for a little bit this morning. This also had the side effect of disabling my Blackberry Enterprise server as well so my BB didn’t function properly. The problem is now fixed and everything should be good to go. As well I have configured my routers for Dynamic Updates.

Strange though, it appears that Shaw has a new block of IP addresses as both of my routers got IP’s starting with 70.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *